Massachusetts sports betting is now live and six different sportsbooks posted welcome offers for new Massachusetts bettors. Each sportsbook we will feature below has a unique offer for new users, though many of them work in a similar way.
There are countless markets and spring sports in full swing for your first wager or bonus bets, and there’s close to $4,000 in total value available. The NBA and NHL are in the final stretch of their seasons, March Madness starts next week, the MLB starts at the end of March, and these sportsbooks offer tons of other sports and niche markets. Golf, tennis, NASCAR, NBA props, you name it.
Here are six Mass. sports betting apps going live on Friday, and what they’re offering for new users.
Every Massachusetts Sports Betting Offer
Our list starts with BetMGM Sportsbook. The BetMGM first bet offer nets new customers up to $1,000 paid back in bonus bets with bonus code HANDLETOP.
If your first bet wins, you net cash earnings and the stake. If it loses, BetMGM will cover your stake loss with bonus bets up to $1,000.
Your BetMGM offer is activated with a few simple steps:
- First, navigate to the BetMGM MA page.
- Find the register button in the top right corner, follow all instructions and use bonus code HANDLETOP to finish account registration.
- Deposit at least $10 into your account.
- Make a real-money wager on any qualifying bet.
If you bet $50 or less and the wager loses, BetMGM will deposit one payment of bonus bets directly into your account. If your wager is over $50, BetMGM will make five deposits into your account up to the stake number at a maximum of $1,000.
The bonus bets expire within seven days of hitting your account. Click below or use bonus code HANDLETOP to make your first wager with BetMGM.
FanDuel Sportsbook is often rated as the top sportsbook in the United States and also offers a highly-rated mobile app. This allows Massachusetts bettors to take their bets on the go anywhere in the state.
With the launch of sports betting, FanDuel offers Massachusetts customers an incredible promotion: bet $5, get $200 in bonus bets. Customers only need to create an account, deposit at least $10 and make a $5 bet to qualify.
The best part of the FanDuel offer is there’s no promo code needed! Follow these steps in order to unlock the FanDuel Bet and Get offer:
- Continue to the FanDuel Massachusetts page.
- Sign up and verify your identity — no promo code needed.
- Make a first deposit of at least $10 using an approved payment method.
- Bet at least $5 to receive $200 in bonus bets.
Caesars Sportsbook offers one of the highest-value welcome deals for Massachusetts bettors: get up to $1,500 back in bonus bets with promo code HANDLENEWS1BET.
This offer is similar to the BetMGM first bet offer.
- If you win, you get the cash winnings and your stake back.
- If you lose, Caesars Sportsbook will match your loss in bonus bets, up to $1,500.
The Caesars bonus bets are not available for withdrawal and must be used within 14 days. Let’s go through how to sign up for Caesars Sportsbook:
- Visit Caesars MA.
- Verify that you are in Massachusetts, complete account information and use promo code HANDLENEW1BET.
- Make a first deposit and wager of at least $10 to qualify.
New customers can now wager with WynnBET in Massachusetts with bonus code XHANDLEMA. This grants access to the new welcome offer where bettors can bet $100 and get $100 in bet credits.
Customers need to be 21+, reside in Massachusetts and place a bet on odds that are -120 or greater. This means the odds have to be less favored so +150 would qualify but -200 would not.
Let’s go through the quick steps to activate the WynnBET bonus code offer.
- As always, go to the WynnBET MA page.
- Create a new WynnBET account with bonus code XHANDLEMA and opt-in to the promotion.
- Make a deposit and minimum bet of $100 on odds -120 or greater.
- Your bet credits typically deposit within 24 hours to your account.
Click below to get started or use bonus code XHANDLEMA when creating your WynnBET account.
Other sportsbooks launching in Massachusetts
Outside of our list of top sportsbooks, new bettors still have other options when placing their first wager. Let’s check out a couple other sites that are launching in Massachusetts.
DraftKings is now offering $200 in bonus bets for new customers and a 20 percent deposit match up to $1,000.
Barstool Sportsbook is offering up to $1,000 in bonus cash if your first bet doesn’t win. This is a very similar option to some of the sportsbooks listed above.
How do bonus bets or bet credits work?
Any offer that provides bonus bets or bet credits work in a similar way. These funds are only valid at the specific sportsbook and cannot be withdrawn.
When using a bonus bet or bet credit on a wager, you can win the cash earnings from the bet but not the actual stake back. Let’s break down a quick example.
Let’s say you have $100 in bonus bets and place a moneyline wager on the Atlanta Hawks +172 to upset the Boston Celtics.
- If your bet wins, you would win the $172 but no longer have the $100 in bonus bets. A real-money wager would net $172 plus the $100 stake.
- If your bet misses, you lose the $100 in bonus bets and have nothing.
What events are happening this weekend?
Boston sports fans can rejoice because there are Boston Celtics and Bruins games this weekend available for wager.
The Boston Celtics have one game on Saturday, March 11 vs. the Atlanta Hawks at 7:30 p.m. ET. The Celtics are two and a half games out of the one seed in the Eastern Conference so every game is crucial in this final stretch of the season.
The Bruins have two games vs. the Detroit Red Wings with a home game Saturday, March 11 at 1 p.m. ET on ABC followed by a game in Detroit on Sunday at 1:30p.m. ET on TNT.
However, all of the sportsbook offers we previewed above are valid on any market or matchup you choose.
If you or a loved one is experiencing problems with gambling, please call 1-800-327-5050 or visit gamblinghelplinema.org for 24/7 support. LiveChat with a GameSense Advisor at GameSenseMA.com or call 1-800-GAM-1234