Legal sports betting arrives in Massachusetts on Friday, March 10th, and BetMGM Sportsbook is already welcoming new bettors to the state. Pre-register with BetMGM Massachusetts and receive $200 in Bonus Bets once the betting app officially goes live in the state. Use BetMGM bonus code HANDLETOP to secure your BetMGM MA pre-launch offer.
Let’s break down this BetMGM Massachusetts special offer in full detail.
BetMGM MA Pre-Launch Offer: $200 in Bonus Bets
BetMGM has released a familiar, exciting promotion for new bettors in the state of Massachusetts. Any bettor that signs up early with BetMGM Massachusetts, before March 10, 2023, will pocket $200 in bonus bets to test out the service. Let’s go over every step of the process:
- Click on this link, or one of the others we’ve provided on this page to visit the BetMGM Sportsbook MA website, or download the BetMGM Massachusetts app. Be sure to use BetMGM bonus code HANDLETOP for Massachusetts.
- Complete the registration process, providing BetMGM MA with your personal information and desired account credentials. Notably, if you’ve never bet with a legal sportsbook before, they do require the last four digits of your Social Security Number. This is a standard part of the process that allows them to operate safely. Consider it an ID check to prove you are eligible.
- Sit back, relax, and bide your time until BetMGM hits the market in Massachusetts on Friday, March 10. Once the BetMGM mobile app is live in MA, you will have $200 in bonus bets (4 x $50 credits) waiting in your account. No deposit is required for this promotion.
Remember, you must pre-register before Friday, March 10th to be eligible for this promotion. It’s a pre-launch offer that must be claimed before the BetMGM service goes live in Massachusetts.
If you or a loved one is experiencing problems with gambling and needs support, call 1-800-327-5050 or visit https://helplinema.org to speak with a trained specialist free and confidentially 24/7.
BetMGM Massachusetts: Bonus Bets explained
Bonus bets are not the same as cash… so what are they? Bonus bets are betting credits that can be used to place wagers with BetMGM in Massachusetts. Notably, they cannot be withdrawn – they must be used with the sportsbook.
For this $200 BetMGM Mass pre-launch offer, qualifying users will be credited with four separate $50 bonus bets. Each credit must be used in its entirety, so you can’t divide them up into smaller increments. Once received, Massachusetts sports bettors will have 7 days to use their BetMGM bonus bets. Unlike the cash in your account, a bonus bet will expire if unused.
Finally, bonus bets will only return the resulting profit of a wager. So if you placed one of your $50 bonus bets on the Boston Bruins to win at +110, and they did win, you would receive a payout of $55 in cash back to your account. Under normal circumstances if you made the same bet with $50 in traditional money, you would receive the original $50 stake back, plus the $55 profit for a total of $105.
MA sports betting: What you need to know
Here are the key pillars of the new, legal sports betting industry in Massachusetts.
- BetMGM will launch in Massachusetts on Friday, March 10, 2023
- Use BetMGM MA bonus code: HANDLETOP
- Betting is reserved entirely for those aged 21+
- Persons must by physically located in the state of Massachusetts to place a legal wager with in-state books
- The Massachusetts Gaming Commission is in charge of overseeing the industry.
- Betting on Massachusetts college sports teams is not allowed, unless it’s a part of a tournament with at least four teams. Meaning, local Mass. teams will be fair game for March Madness
- There could eventually be as many as fifteen online sportsbooks in the state, including BetMGM
- The online betting tax rate has been established at 20%
About BetMGM MA
BetMGM Sportsbook is one of the best online sports betting sites in the country with a presence in more than twenty states, now including Massachusetts. While the BetMGM MA mobile app will be available for use anywhere throughout the state beginning on March 10, the brand also offers an excellent retail betting experience for in-person wagers at the MGM Springfield Casino. The BetMGM Sportsbook in Springfield, MA took the first official, legal wager in the state of Massachusetts on January 31, 2023.